Senior IT Business Analyst - Finance
Since 1952, Lawson Products has worked hard to make our customers' jobs easier by improving their operational efficiency, productivity and overall performance. As a leader in the MRO industry, we partner with customers to make sure they have the right maintenance and repair parts on hand when needed.
We're looking for a Senior IT Business Analyst responsible for delivering and supporting IT business solutions in our organization. Specifically, this role will support our finance department with SAP FICO and related applications.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Chicago, IL. We offer 401k plus vision, dental and medical benefits, as well as a paid holiday and PTO package.
- Manages the relationship between business partners and the IT department relative to requirements, solutions, and priorities.
- Works with business partners to determine alignment initiatives with business goals and value.
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of the capabilities and functions of the assigned application software. Uses this knowledge to recommend optimal solutions to business requirements that best leverage the product using best practice methodologies.
- Assesses cross-functional impact of changes to business processes.
- Assists in all aspects of solution development and deployment activities, with the exception of coding. Emphasis will be placed on the scope definition, requirements definition, system configuration, testing, and deployment.
- Develops and documents new processes and solutions.
- Performs system support activities and ensures production support service levels are met for all business applications.
- Assists in upgrade & migration activities, ensuring these meet business requirements and goals.
- Creates training documents and system documentation.
- Ensures that IT practices and policies are adhered to and aligned across the enterprise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in SAP FICO area, working on multiple SAP projects.
- Advanced Project Management Skills: Capable of managing concurrent projects successfully. The projects may involve more than four additional resources, are often cross-functional and involve more than 500 hours effort for the total team.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills. Ability to communicate complex ideas in plain language. Excellent listening skills and ability to fully understand concepts by asking valuable questions.
- Collaboration Skills: Projects often require teamwork across multiple departments.
- Problem Solving: Ability to apply a methodical approach that emphasizes the long-term perspective.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) with respect to assigned software and development tools.
- Business acumen: Ability to separate high value initiatives from low value ones and articulate the difference professionally.
- Influence: Ability to inspire confidence in project stakeholders while influencing others' perspectives where appropriate.
- Ability to work with third party vendor resources.
- Strong SAP FICO configuration skills in the areas of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Fixed Assets.
- Good understanding of SAP data structures relevant to the Finance areas
- Good understanding of SAP Finance integration points with other SAP modules
- Able to translate business needs into terms technical experts can easily understand and respond to
- Demonstrate ability to grasp newer technologies relevant to the assigned area
- Utilizes Software Development Life Cycle best practices to manage project activities.
- Prior experience with Account Payable automaton tools like OpenText and SAP BPC preferred
- Advanced understanding of business concepts for the functional areas to be supported.
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the company to obtain, analyze, and discuss business intelligence processes and solutions.
- Must be able to query and analyze business data, either through SQL or third party tools.
Lawson Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Apply to this job